Kayak (SinK) Fishing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rod Question

2 posters

Go down

Rod Question Empty Rod Question

Post  paulf Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:27 am

Dave

I notice in one of the photos in the gallery you appear to be using a very short rod with a spincast reel. What is the thinking / advantages of that approach?

Most advice I have seen previously suggests using something long enough to allow the angler to reach arround the bow / stern of the kayak.

Thanks,

Paul

paulf

Back to top Go down

Rod Question Empty Re: Rod Question

Post  KFF Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:57 am

paulf wrote:Dave

I notice in one of the photos in the gallery you appear to be using a very short rod with a spincast reel. What is the thinking / advantages of that approach?

Most advice I have seen previously suggests using something long enough to allow the angler to reach arround the bow / stern of the kayak.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul, it is what is sold as a kayak rod about 2' long it is not ideal and a longer rod is much better so you can steer the fish around the bow of the kayak, The kayak rods is ideal for an emergencey rod stowed in the forward hatch.
That said I caught my first SinK fish with the kayak rod albeit not a big fish.

I use 8' spinning rods normally and I use these for everything ie spinning, ledgering and float fishing.

Cheers

Dave
KFF
KFF
Admin

http://kayak-sink-fishing.110mb.com/

Back to top Go down